ettrick smiddy in summer
ettrick smithy as we bought it
etterick smiddy 2015
ettrick smiddy outbuildings
Welcome to our site
The purpose of this site is to give the history of Etterick Smiddy on the Isle of Bute in south west Scotland and chart its restoration.
Originally a school , it was then used as a blacksmiths house and shop for over 200 years until it was last used in 1949.
The son of the last blacksmith lived in it until recently but it has been unoccupied for some time until we took ownership in August 2015
We hope you enjoy seeing the history and seeing the restoration and if anyone has any interesting history,stories or pictures , we would be delighted to see them and add them to the website.
 

CONTRACTORS AND MAIN SUPPLIERS FOR RESTORATION

USING LOCAL WHERE POSSIBLE.

STUART ROBERTSON BUILDER
DONALD MCALISTER JOINER
STUART REID - GROUNDWORK
AMBRISBEG QUARRY
CALUM MCKIRDY
IAN RANKIN PLUMBER
CAMERON ELECTRICAL SERVICES
COWAL BUILDING SUPPLIES
DMS INSTALLATIONS
TONY POOLE ROOFER
BERNIE ROONEY  of TIMBERBIFOLDS.COM